All of us at TruVet Specialty and Emergency Hospital remain focused on improving the lives of pets and their people despite these unprecedented times. To ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, appointments and emergency visits will be implementing concierge check-in for your pets. Please review the following Concierge Check-In Protocols for more information on the check-in process after you arrive at the hospital.
Concierge Check-In Protocols
- Park in numbered parking spaces in front of the TruVet building.
- If your pet is experiencing an emergency, please call the TruVet number (707) 787-5340 to let a TruVet staff member know that you have arrived.
a. The TruVet staff will collect the following information via phone or text:
i. Name of client and patient
ii. Parking space and type of car
iii. The reason for coming to TruVet (presenting complaint).
iv. Contact information
- If you are here for a scheduled appointment, please text (707) 787-5340 with your name, your pet’s name, your parking space number, and the color and make of your vehicle.
- A TruVet staff member will meet you at the car and will bring your pet inside. The staff member will be donning appropriate PPE including mask and gloves. Dogs will be brought inside using a TruVet leash while cats will be brought inside using the owner’s carrier.
- Clients are required to wear masks when interacting with TruVet staff at their vehicle.
- The animal will be assessed by the TruVet staff and communications from this point on will take place over the phone including historical information, results of the exam, recommendations, and estimates for care.
- Consent for treatment and estimates for care will be signed using a mobile device that will be brought to your car by a TruVet staff member.
- Once you have spoken to a Veterinarian and signed all required paperwork and estimates, you may leave the premises while your pet is being treated. This plan needs to be communicated clearly between you and the TruVet staff.
- Upon returning to the hospital for pick-up of your pet, please park your car and text the TruVet number (707) 787-5340 to let them know you have arrived.
- Check-out will take place at your vehicle using a mobile device. Again, we politely ask you to wear a mask when interacting with TruVet staff.
- Following check-out, your pet will be brought to the you by a TruVet staff member.